Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Work and Back

For all of Monday I had a rest from exercise and on Tuesday went back to my normal routine of training for the MdS. Tuesday evening ran home with a backack weighing about 4kgs. Within one kilometer of leaving work (between Suncorp Stadium and the Brewery) I am on the Coro drive walkway and getting absolutely drenched in the rain. By the time the run took me to the Goodwill bridge there was no rain and no wind with the humidity way way up. This on again off again rain lasted until I got home and I was soaked.
Stopped as usual at Colmslie to get some jelly beans and sports drink. There I am in the "fast" lanes in Coles with rainwater/sweat dripping from all over me - I sure did get some funny looks.
For the rest of the run there were no real incident or anything worth reporting except during the whole 2 hours that I was running I only saw one other runner but about 10 cyclists????
This morning ran back to work (with backpack of about 4Kgs) starting at 4:10am - yes there is a time 4:10 am - It appears that not many people know about it. Although I did come accross a teenage girl walking in the same direction that I was going on Wynnum Road with the old style of headphones on (ones that cover the whole ear). I did think "what is a teenage girl doing at about 4:30am walking alone". Without realisng that she probably could not hear me approach I did not make any extra noise to make her aware of my presence. The poor thing just about jumped out of her skin when she realised that some strange creature (me) was less than half a metre away from her.

Recovered well today - and had a massage - great.

During the day I made some arrangements at work for me to raise money for a charity called Youngcare by running the MdS and seeking donations - more information to come.

Five weeks today before I leave Aussie for my adventure.

2 comments:

undercover brother said...

keith,
havent been following the MdS thread on CR and just realised you were from brissie.
good luck mate!
david
brissie ultrarunner

Dan said...

Nice work Keith on the 6 hours you did... thats a great work rate. I'm guessing tht youre in prime milage weeks at the moment, whereas I'm just ramping up for the Canberra Marathon... and such a long way to go... would be interested to hear how you keep yourself motivated for such long periods...