Friday, February 1, 2008

Rest and Speed Work

Thursday: had a well earned rest day and a massage - heaven!!! Calfs, quads and hammies all very tight according to the masseur - what a surprise!!!! any way I have booked a massage for each week leading up to mid march I hope that at least the leg muscles will be relaxed by the time March 30 comes along.
Friday: Speed session with PCRG. 1km + 0.5Km +1km + 0.5Km reps with 45 secs recovery. I must get Trainer Pats watch checked out, his 45 secs goes much faster than mine!!!!!
First speed session since mid November due to tear in calf muscle - felt good, I did not want to go all out but the competitive beast in me wanted to catch up and beat others in the group, so ended up doing somewhere between 95 & 100%. Josh (fellow MdS entrant) was there with a backpack weighing about 5kgs. It looked really hard work, Josh was really trying and was certaining showing signs of that effort - well done mate.
To cap off a great session (honestly I really enjoyed my first speed session in about 9 weeks), I won a running shirt in the summer random draw competitions that Pat has been sponsored for. Looking forward to picking that up next week. May take it to MdS - not sure whether to wear a shirt over the top of long sleeve Skins.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Nice work Keith. Can't wait to get to the 'cold' Canberra Marathon in April! This last week has been unbearable hasnt it. I moved to Sydney at the end of NOvember last year and this last week has been the worst for humidity. It just drains your legs doesnt it?!?!?!?!

Anyway's welcome to the blogsphere. I've put a link on my blog to yours... all the best with the training.

Keith Sullivan said...

Dan,
Thanks for that. I am still learning what happens with blogs and how - your is the first response so thanks.